Canada is a wonderful country and a hot spot for worldwide immigrants. Canada along with Australia attracts millions of immigrants every year. Thanks to the Transparent Government Policies, ideal and conducive environment to work, study and trade for the immigrants in this part of the world. Canada is an advanced nation that is in the process of bringing its most of the immigration and other Government policies and procedures online. India, however, shares a special connection with Canada, as there are thousands of Indians living and working in Canada from the northern and other parts of the India.
WHAT IS CANADA PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA?
A permanent resident is the one who although not the Canadian Citizen, however, has been given the Permanent Resident Status after immigrating to Canada. The students or foreign workers living in Canada temporarily are not the permanent residents. A permanent is given the Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) as a proof that he/she is a Permanent Resident of Canada (in case the card holder travels outside Canada). The card holder would require the PR Card if re-enters Canada.
BENEFITS OF BEING A PERMANENT RESIDENT
- Can Live, study or work anywhere in Canada
- Can apply for Canadian Citizenship
- Can get the Health care and most of the other social benefits, which a Canadian Citizen receives.
- Is protected under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
You Can Apply Under Various Visa Categories or Programs
There are various programs or categories available, applying under which you can immigrate to Canada permanently, i.e.
- Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
- Self-employed Persons Program
- Provincial nominees
- Quebec-selected skilled workers (or investor or entrepreneur program)
- Start-up visa(for people who have a business idea and someone to fund it)
- Family sponsorship
- Sponsoring refugees
Skilled Worker immigrants are selected based on their ability to settle in Canada and contribute to the Economy here. The Skill Immigrants are being assessed based on the following:
- Work Experience
- English/French Language Skills
- Other Such Factors
This category too is further segregated into below sub-categories:
- Federal skilled workers (for applicants with skilled professional work experience)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (for applicants with experience in skilled manual work)
- Canadian Experience Class (for applicants with in-Canada skilled professional work experience)
The new Express Entry System has been launched in the month of January, 2015, to manage as to how the skilled immigrants shall apply in order to immigrate to Canada.
As per this system an applicant first fills the online profile form, including the language test scores, Educational Credential Assessment and the work experience. Filling and submitting the Express Entry Profile is absolutely free of cost. The complete applications received under the Express Entry system shall be processed within six months or less.
SELF-EMPLOYED PERSONS PROGRAM
Self employed person is a foreign national who has relevant experience, can be self employed in Canada and contribute to the economy here. The applicant will be selected based on the criteria, i.e.
- Language abilities, and
Apart from above, such applicant also needs to meet the medical and security requirements.
Provincial Nominees: This program is for the applicants who have got the nomination from a province or state in Canada under its agreement with the Government of Canada.
Generally an applicant needs to apply directly to a province or territory to be considered under its Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).